Friday, February 15, 2013

A Happy Valentine's Day

This year for Valentine's Day I made my hubby a "52 Reasons I Love You" Deck of Cards. There are tons of different ideas on how to do this out there. I initally saw the idea on Pinterest and then just ran with the ideas that I had. 

Over at PeppermintCreative.com she has some printable templates that you can use to create your own deck.


Here is the cover. I just used my Cricut and some fun patterned paper scraps that I had on hand from a prior Activity Day craft. 


 Then you take a deck of playing cards and write down a reason on each one for why you love your special someone.


(She is not here yet, but we love her so much!)


 (This fear is outrageous. I am sure it annoys him. It even annoys me but I can't seem to get over it.)

Then finish off the book with reason #52.....

I think he really liked the gift. It was fun to watch him flip through and read them all. This would be a fun gift to give to anyone you care about and it wouldn't have to just be on Valentine's Day. 

And what did he give me, you might ask.....


That's right... a 2 LB. BAG OF CADBURY MINI EGGS!! Now to see if I can make it last longer than a week. That's the goal, only a week. Kinda pathetic huh?

Overall it was a great V-day. We have had some lame ones in the past that included dinner at the food court in the mall. Actually, that was done two years in a row. But this year we upgraded to eating at Chili's. 

I love my husband and it was fun to have a day celebrating that!

No comments:

Post a Comment